- Projected Energy Cost Savings
- Decreased Dependency on Fossil Fuels
- Reduced CO2 and Emissions
The geographic positions and size of the Green Line Infrastructure Alliance projects make them an ideal way to combine both wind and hydropower over the same transmission line. The combination will provide customers with renewable power and energy diversity at lower costs.
The first 1000 MWs from the Alliance projects will provide substantial economic benefits to customers, as well as overall environmental benefits:
- The wind and hydro combination will reduce the cost of renewable power by $3.2 billion over the life of the project, and $1.5 billion for MA alone
- It will prompt a new energy supply that will lower energy prices from all sources by and save customers $1 billion over 20 years
- CO2 emissions will be reduced by 3,000,000 tons/year for 20 years